Spring/Summer 2017 Recruitment
Historical Interpreter- Exhibit & Programming Assistant
WS Museum & CC
(Job # 2017-012-IE)
Department: Leisure and Community Services
Date Posted: January 31, 2017
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours/Shifts: Up to 35 hours per week including weekends
Salary: $14.24 - $16.49 per hour
Applications Due: March 31, 2017
The Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum & Community Centre is accepting applications for an Exhibit & Programming Assistant. This is a 14-week grant supported summer position starting on Tuesday, May 16th, 2017. Requires working on weekends (work week schedule: Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm). This position assists with finalization of 2017 annual changing exhibition; temporary exhibits for Discovery Room and theme changes for permanent exhibit; data entry and inventory of portion of museum’s collection; planning & delivery of special events schedule; and research requests. Also greets & tours casual visitors to museum and assists with other administrative/clerical functions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Currently enrolled in a post-secondary education in History, Education, Fine Arts, Graphic Arts or related field
• Must be a full time student aged 16-30 and registered in the YCW candidate inventory accessible on the YCW website as per the Young Canada Works ...in Heritage Organizations program guidelines. Students should be intending to return to full time studies in the fall
• Interested in local history or genealogy, preferably with an understanding of early settlement patterns and 19th-century social history in Ontario
• Creative ability as demonstrated through experience with arts, crafts, or graphic design
• Strong research, analytical and communication skills with a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work independently on specific tasks
• Superior customer service and public relations skills
• Computer proficiency with Word; knowledge of FilemakerPro database software is an asset
• Experience working with groups of children is an asset
• Successful Vulnerable Sector Screening is required
How to apply:
Please forward your resume in confidence by March 31, 2017 at 4:30 p.m., identifying Job # 2017-012-IE in the subject line to email@example.com.
Committed to diversity and a barrier-free environment: Whitchurch-Stouffville is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and as we grow, it’s important that our workforce reflect the citizens we serve. At the Town, we respect, encourage, and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.