The Head of Education & Learning is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Education unit at the Art Gallery of Alberta including: the development and administration of AGA school and studio-based learning programs, project management and associated research. The Head of Education & Learning will be able to communicate a sense of the goals of the AGA and the role it plays within its community. They will have a general knowledge of the Gallery’s collection and exhibition program, with more detailed experience working with school and education programs.
- Overall conceptual development and implementation of school and studio learning programs.
- Hire, train and assess Education Staff;
- Develop and script an annual program of exhibition-based tours for school groups (grades K-12)
- Develop studio-based learning programs for children, youth and adults.
- Develop, coordinate and administrate variety of education programs that include: teacher training programs, Teachers Advisory Committee, AGA Museum School, the AGA Children’s Gallery,
- Organize select education-based community outreach initiatives
- Coordinate educational weekend family programs and events
- University degree in art history and/or art education with a strong knowledge of art history and current issues in contemporary art
- Capable of independent academic research, preparing public presentations and contributing to the development and implementation of educational programming
- Strong public speakers
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the Alberta public school curriculum, art education
- Previous experience working with children and youth in an educational capacity
Applications should be sent to:
Attn: Dara Armsden, Head of Education & Learning
Art Gallery of Alberta
2 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Edmonton, AB T5J 2C1
Application deadline: Sunday, March 26 at 5pm
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please
Head of Education & Learning (1 yr contract)